Hallam Land Management Proposals: How to Respond

How to object to the latest planning application:

There are three ways:

  • You can submit online – via the Preston City Council website - Click on where it says “Make a comment on this application”
  • Send an email to: devcon@preston.gov.uk
  • Write a letter, quoting the application reference number, 06/2013/0245 to: Planning Department, Town Hall, Lancaster Road, Preston , PR1 2RL

The closing date for submissions is 24th May

What to say....

Really is up to you - whatever it is about the proposal that you most object to. The things that Grimsargh Parish Council will be focussing on in our objection are:

  • The Area of Separation - all along we have been concerned about ensuring that Grimsargh retains its identity as a village, separate from Preston. The development is sited precisely on what is already the narrowest strip of open land between the heart of the village and Preston. We have contributed to the development of the Central Lancashire Core Strategy, part of which, Policy 19, specifically seeks to protect the rural identity of Grimsargh Village in defining Areas of Separation to be kept free of development. We believe this proposal contravenes that policy.
  • Traffic - as everyone knows the traffic through the village has increased dramatically over recent years and the main road is now a significant bottleneck for long periods in the morning and evenings. Any development will add to what is already an unacceptable situation.
  • Schools - it is our belief that the two local primary schools are full and we are aware that some parents have been told that younger children may not be able to go to the same school as their older siblings

It is important that all submissions are unique and not "duplicates". However, each adult is entitled to make their own submission - it does not only have to be one ber household.